For temperature monitoring
The motor protection relay TMS-Basic monitors the temperature of motor windings. The TMS-Basic can handle the typical sensors used and prevents the protected device from overheating.
- Overload start condition
- Frequent starts
- Blocked rotor of the motor
- Dropout of a phase
- Heating and ventilation systems
- operation with different inverters
- transformer protection
- Temperature monitoring of high power semiconductors
- high temperatures up to +200°C
The relay measures the resistance of a sensor and calculates the corresponding temperature. It is able to handle Pt100, Pt1000, KTY84-130 and PTC sensors. In normal working condition the relay is actuated. When
the detected temperature exceeds the preset temperature the relay opens the contact. A SPDT relay is used so a normally closed and a normally opened pair of contacts is present.
If the temperature has decreased 5K under preset temperature the relay is activated again. The hysteresis assure a well defined switching operation.
The electronic detects short and open circuit. The integrated LED displays all important operation conditions.
- Switching temperature adjustable
- Works with all typical sensors
- short and open circuit detection
- fail safe mode as relay actuated in normal condition
- Direct measurement of motor temperature
- very large temperature range
- perfect dimensions of the module
- excellent value for money